Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Hate Tank

I photographed the process of painting that I use when doing flash sheets or anything else really. The big difference with this one from others is that I made the frame myself for this painting using the new table saw I bought and the chop saw. I spray painted the frame black to match the taped edge that I applied to the painting and then sealed the painting to the frame with high gloss poly seal so no glass was needed to be cut. I like the look of the poly seal more anyways it brings out the colors more so and makes the painting feel more solid. Don't expect a step by step on how I do all of this, if you can't figure it out from the pictures you probably shouldn't be painting this kind of stuff anyways.





2 comments:

sara said...

sincere thanks for detailing this process. always wanted to know how you cast the gloss over those things.

and where the hell do you have a table saw set up? in your apartment? i want a table saw.

Ryan said...

haha thats awesome man. i love that