Sunday, December 13, 2009

What blog?

I'm a horrible blogger.

I went to Bud Weeks art show over at Bridgeport Tattoo Co. and didn't bring my camera or anything. I guess I'm bad at documenting stuff that's going on in Chicago Tattooing but I kind of wanted this blog to be more than just a photo blog of cool dudes hanging out that I happen to know so everyone thinks that I'm cool by default.

Everyone at Family came to the show, which I was happy about. We need to start doing more stuff together as a shop because honestly we always have a good time whenever we do stuff together and all the guys I work with are some of my best friends. Tim Beck and Zach Dole came out from Peoria, it was cool to finally meet them face to face. Zach gave me a painting of the statue of liberty for my new area I'll be taking over once Frank moves to Florida. Luke from Top Notch was there. Incidentally, we both apprenticed at Top Notch at the same time and now he owns the damn place. Harry was there and I got to see a few of his tattoos since he's only done a handful but they're looking really fucking good. Chris Smith and his ol' lady showed up for a bit, bought two paintings and split pretty quick though. I like when he shows up.

The art was pretty cool. I bought a snake with a candle instead of a head at a bargain price of $25. Most of the stuff was Star Wars related, but the paintings he did on money were pretty cool too. Now's the point in the post where pictures would be nice so you know what I'm talking about. Bud Weeks has tattooed a buddy of mine by the name of David Moy and we talked a bit about that guy but there were chicks all over the place there and alot of paintings to sell so it seems like his mind was else where. His cards are pretty hilarious. I'll scan one and post it when I feel like posting my business card collection.

All in all it was a good night.

1 comment:

Strick said...

You are better at blogging than I....