Monday, November 30, 2009

Saving Grace.


For those of you that don't know I enjoy hardcore that is melodic. Bands like Lifetime, Kid Dynamite, 88 Fingers Louie, Grey Area, and Mouthpiece were pretty much one of the main things that got me through high school. Actually the last show I stage dove at was probably 88 Fingers Louie's last show when I was 16, until I dove at Cro-Mags last month.

I saw this band, Shook Ones, in Tucson at The Living Room. Awesome band. Basically it sounds like Dan Yemin is in the band and they are playing a cross between older Lifetime 7"s and all the best parts of Kid Dynamite. I'm not posting their records but this video is pretty fun to watch.

I would love to play in a band like this, I think it'd be a different sort of thing for the Chicago scene right now and might be a breath of fresh air.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Alex Kass xvx said...

http://www.myspace.com/benchwarmerco

these dudes are from denver... since disbanded...but i tattoo the kid that plays guitar for this project.

recording's not too great, but they were awesome.